Please contact us by email
- QUS does not not collect any personal information from the use of our apps.
- Our apps do not upload any data to us or to any third party.
QUS is a group of individuals who have been developing software and electronics for the last half century - we may be old (we prefer "older"), but we have the benefit of experience and wisdom - we have been there, done that, got the T shirt and written the book!
We are located in the beautiful county of Derbyshire, England.
- We developed one of the first microcomputer-based word processors - long before Microsoft Word became a twinkle in Bill Gate's eye.
- We developed the first hardware to link digital typesetters to microcomputers and the first micro-based typesetting system that led the way from hot metal to digital typesetting.
- We invented, and named, the dongle.
- We were instrumental in the development of MFPs, Multi Functional Peripherals, offering printing, scanning, copying, facsimile and email transmission - with our software being used by almost all of the world's office equipment manufacturers under their own brand names.
- We developed the world's most advanced clay shooting simulator, DryFire, which is in use wordwide by shooters from beginners to national, international, world and olympic champions. DryFire enables shooters to perfect their skills in the comfort of their own homes through repetitive practice (some users shoot hundreds of targets every evening) and with a level of accuracy and feedback that has to be seen to be believed.
- We have developed products for the aero space industry and for the mobile phone industry.
- We developed a Bluetooth temperature probe for the fast-food industry to meet food safety standards.
- We developed the world's first Bluetooth remote level.
- We developed a state-of-the-art DAB/Bluetooth conversion kit for classic cars - fitted within the original radio chassis. Our kits have been installed in everything from Aston Martin DB4s to Jaguar E-types.
Our list of developments is long and, we are pleased to say, most of them have sold extremely well - some have failed (mainly because of our poor marketing) but you can't win them all!
Our business model is to develop new products and then work alongside selected business partners to sell those products worldwide.
Our areas of technical expertise
- Software development for Windows PCs, Apple Macs/phones/tablets or Android phone/tablets.
- Embedded firmware development on a wide range of microprocessors including PIC and Atmel AVR.
- Digital image and audio processing.
- Bluetooth and wifi technology - hardware and software.
- Electronics development from ultra low power to mains operation.
- Remote data sensing, logging, transmission, storage and analysis.